Uttaran is a national development organization working in the southwest Bangladesh since 1985 to uphold rights and entitlements and to improve the socio-economic condition of the poor and disadvantaged. Uttaran facilitates in getting access to and control over resources by the poor and disadvantaged to improve agricultural productivity and economic empowerment.
Uttaran in partnership with Solidaridad Network Asia (SNA) started implementing Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security and Linkages (SaFaL) programme in Southwest Bangladesh. The summary of SaFaL and more on Solidaridad works are accessible at www.solidaridadnetwork.org Uttaran is seeking the following positions to implement SaFaL programme for its project interventions area in Khulna, Bagerhat and Shatkhira district
The Project Manager is responsible for overall implementation of the activities of SaFaL programme. S/he will act as the key person to guide the Uttaran- SaFaL team in order to achieve expected outcomes and outputs of the projects and will coordinate all sorts of logistic supports for the team members. More specifically, s/he will responsible for planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of the project including management of financial activities. S/he will provide regular accompaniment supports to the all project staff members in the implementation of different events and innovations in the field of organization & capacity building of producers group of Aquaculture, Horticulture and Dairy subsector including efficient farm management from production to supply chain ,ensure village market chain, gender & DRR. S/he will keep close contact with Uttaran management and with Solidaridad- SaFaL regional office. S/he will represent the projects as well as organisation to different levels of stakeholders/organisations. S/he will maintain network and liaison with the line agencies, local government institutions, private sectors and others relevant stakeholders in order to maintain coordination, and synergies. S/he will prepare and submit the different reports and necessary documents to the concerned within the agreed time frame.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide accompaniment support to make the SaFaL team members more confident in order to facilitate different events at community level.
- Conduct need assessment of team members and take initiatives to improve the capacity of staff members
- Facilitate the team members to internalise different conceptual and methodological documents as well as process.
- Coaching, mentoring, guiding and accompanying to the respective SaFaL team members
- Develop and contribute for different training materials, hand outs, modules, guidelines etc. according to requirement.
- Assist all staffs to develop effective and coordinated work plan and maintain smooth coordination and team spirit within the pools as well as within the team
- Ensure regular sharing among the team members about achievements, experiences and learning.
- Facilitate in creating of gender sensitive working environment within the team as well as organisation.
- Arrange training, workshop, and study visits for the staff members
- Prepare effective monthly, quarterly and annual plan of operation.
- Facilitate all staff in implementation of the approaches related to food security, sustainable agriculture and integrated farm management
- Support Technical officers to facilitate the communities in preparation and implementation of local development plan, business plan
- Support all staffs in intervention related to reducing gender inequalities at community level and increase women Economic Empowerment as well as women entrepreneur
- Support Staffs to take initiatives for capacity building related to organisation development of producers groups and Lead farmers so that they can adopt participatory planning, monitoring and review their plan
- Prepare effective monthly, quarterly and annual plan of operation
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual report to the respective authority.
- Leading the capitalisation process of the different interventions of the projects
- Facilitate FFs to internalise, ensure implementation of different monitoring tools and review the progress
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with partners, local organizations and community groups, and other service facilities at district , upazila, union’s level.
- Sharing the project activities and strategies with upazilla and district level administration, line agencies, private sectors and other stakeholders
- Participate at different meetings, workshops, networks, forums, committees, coordinated platforms at upazila and district level
- Prepare and review the budget according to activity plan and keep all the expenses within the approved budget limit
- Check bills & vouchers and financial activity reports of SaFaLI project activities and recommend to management for approval
- Ensure materials and equipment needed for project implementation according to financial guideline.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of all kinds of project materials and resources.
- Support accounts staff members to maintain different registers like attendance register, movements register, log book, motor cycle checking register, fixed asset & stock register etc.
- Support to external & internal audit teams on financial activities of Uttaran- SaFaL project and take initiatives to address the audit findings.
- Support management in maintaining personnel file, leave file as per organization personnel and administrative rules.
- Conduct the performance appraisal process with the team members and support in building dynamic and enabling working environment within the team as well as within the organisation.
The Project Manager will be reportable and accountable to the Chief Executive and or to the assigned person of the Uttaran. S/he will respect the MoU established between Uttaran and Solidaridad-SaFaL.
Key contact and relationship:
The Project Manager should keep good relation with the Uttaran management and Solidaridad-SaFaL regional office. S/he will maintain good level of working relationship with the other project team members, local government organisations, private sectors and different line agencies.
The Project Manager will be the employee of Uttaran and will be based at Uttaran office or team office decided by respective management. S/he will spend approximately 75% time in the field 25% time for deskwork and representation and networking.
Education/Experience and Skills
- Master degree in Agricultural Science or any other relevant subject with 8 years’ experience in development sector out of which at least 03 years in management position. Experience in supply chain development project will be given prioritized)
- Strong decisions making ability and motivational skills especially with rural communities
- Proven ability to work on value chain/supply chain project
- Skill on computer literacy
- Reporting and documentation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong leadership, analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with remote area
- Proven ability to work in a intercultural environment
- Willingness to travel extensively across the country
- Willing to drive motorcycle with valid driving license
Salary & Benefits
Monthly salary package is BDT 65,000 and entitle of one month salary as Festival Allowance and one month salary as Gratuity per year. It is full time position.
Please send your resume/CV (not more than 2 pages) along with a cover letter showing your suitability for the position latest by 15 February 2015 to UTTARAN, Admin Division, House # 179, Road # 12, Phase-1, Sonadanga- R/A Khulna. Please mark the position applied for on the envelope. Any canvassing will result in disqualification. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.